It’s amazing how fast this summer has gone by and many kids are already back in the classroom or homeschooling. My almost 4 year old son will be starting homeschool Pre-K next week and I’m in a last minute rush to prepare our schoolroom and buy supplies. Can you relate?
Are you ready for the changing weather and your kids being exposed to more germs and viruses? Below is a list of natural health-boosting and germ-fighting products I keep in my home so we’re ready for anything that may try to attack.
- Vitamin D – now that the days are getting shorter and no one is getting as much sunlight, it is critical to get plenty of Vitamin D. Dr. Mercola recommends 2500 IU’s per day for children ages 5-10. Children under age 5 should get 35 IU per pound, per day. (Read more about Dr. Mercola’s recommendation here: http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/10/10/vitamin-d-experts-reveal-the-truth.aspx)
- Probiotic – if you don’t already have your kids on a daily probiotic, now’s the time to start! 70% of the immune system rest within the gut, so it is critical to build your child’s gut health with probiotics to help keep the rest of the body healthy and able to fight off illness. My personal favorite is Garden of Life’s Raw for Kids Probiotic Powder. It has a great fruity taste and mixes in well with milk, yogurt or juice.
- Speaking of juice, my son’s favorite immune-boosting “juice” (which isn’t really juice), is NingXia Red. My son begs for his “red juice” as he calls it. NingXia Red® is a powerful antioxidant drink that contains whole Ningxia wolfberry puree—a super blend of blueberry, aronia, cherry, pomegranate, and plum juices, natural stevia extract, grape seed extract, pure vanilla extract, and orange, yuzu, lemon, and tangerine essential oils. The wolfberries (Lycium barbarum) sourced for NingXia Red hail from the Ningxia province in northern China. This superfruit has one of the highest percentages of fiber of any whole food and contains zeaxanthin—a carotenoid important to maintaining healthy vision. It has 18 amino acids, 21 trace minerals, more beta carotene than carrots, more vitamin C than oranges, vitamin E, and vitamins B1, B2, and B6. You can buy them in convenient 2 0z pouches to take on the go with you, or buy them in large bottles to keep at home.
- Thieves Essential Oil - Thieves® was created based on research about four thieves in France who covered themselves with cloves, rosemary, and other aromatics while robbing plague victims. This proprietary essential oil blend of clove, lemon, cinnamon, Eucalyptus radiata and rosemary was university tested for its cleansing abilities. I use Thieves oil every single day! The best way to use it for your kids is to rub a drop into the bottom of each foot before bedtime. I also like to put some in my hand and rub it around shirt collars to add some protection against air-borne ickies during the day. It’s also great to diffuse in an essential oil diffuser after school and church. We used Thieves oil constantly last fall and winter and it really helped us combat a lot of sickness. Plus, it has this amazing warm cinnamon smell that is awesome!
- Colloidal Silver – I can’t say enough good things about colloidal silver! Yes, you can use it on small children – I give my son little doses of it when he’s really fighting off something rough. Read more about colloidal silver here: http://thethrivingmom.com/natural-medicine-cabinet-use-benefit-colloidal-silver/
- R.C. Oil Blend- This blend is extremely effective against allergies, colds, bronchitis, respiratory congestion, flu, cold sores, pneumonia, sinusitis, sore throat, mucus, etc.
- Oregano Oil - Oregano (Origanum vulgare) is one of the most powerful and versatile essential oils. It contains strong immune-enhancing and antioxidant properties and supports the respiratory system. This is another one I put on my son’s feet every night, as well.
- Eucalyptus Radiata - cooling, refreshing, and energizing. It is lighter in smell than other types of eucalyptus, but it has many of the same supportive properties. Because it is relatively gentle and nonirritating, it is the preferred choice for children. This variety is one of the most versatile of the eucalyptus oils and is suitable for topical use, diffusing, and even direct inhalation. It’s great to use for colds, bronchitis, congestion and any respiratory issues. It may also help boost immunity and is a potent viral fighter.
You can purchase all the essential oils I recommended here: https://www.youngliving.org/btolliver
Okay, there you have it! This is my go-to list to stock a back-to-school health boosting cabinet for your kids. If you don’t already own a Premium Starter Kit I have a special deal for you this week only! When you open a wholesale member account with Young Living through me, I will send you the book Dr. Mom’s Essential Oils First Aid for free! In this book, you will learn how to cope with non-emergency mishaps in a natural way! Mom is usually the first responder when accident or illness strikes in the home. From colds, headaches, earaches, and upset tummies to skateboard scrapes and insect bites, this book explains how to care for common ailments and injuries in a natural way, using essential oils.
You also be included into our free, private essential oil training program, and you’ll also be qualified for September’s Essential Oil Bootcamp. That’s $100′s of free training on how to use essential oils. And did I mention that opening a wholesale account means you’ll save 24% off retail price for all purchases? Plus you can earn points for free product each month by signing up for essential rewards (totally optional but so worth doing). Wow! All the info you need can be found at my Essential Oils page. After you’ve purchased your Premium Starter Kit, please email me at TheThrivingMom@gmail.com and I’ll get you added to the training group and mail out your free book.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.