I was in a bind today when I realized I had run out of Thieves spray. I use this amazing spray all around the home to sanitize all sorts of things. Today I was changing the bedding and I like to spray the mattresses and pillows with Thieves spray to kill dust mites and remove odors. But when I grabbed my bottle it was empty! Then I realized I had everything I needed to make my own Thieves sanitizing spray and in literally one minute, I had a full bottle again!
- Empty 1 0z bottle of Young Living Thieves™ Spray (or you could use any empty spray bottle you have)
- 4 tsp. distilled water
- 1/2 tsp. witch hazel
- 5-7 drops Young Living Thieves™ Essential Oil Blend (available here)
*Remember if you are making a larger batch, you will need to increase the measurements of ingredients I’ve listed here.
Put all ingredients in bottle, replace spray cap and shake well.
Why Thieves Spray Rocks
Thieves™ Oil is a potent antibacterial blend of essential oils. Now that we’re moving into Autumn, I like to keep a bottle in my purse because you never know what gunk is on your shopping cart or when you’ll have to use a less-than-clean public bathroom. Yuck! Besides using it to kill dust mites on our bedding, I like to use it to:
- Dust furniture – I spray it on my disposable duster and not only does it kill the dust mites, but it keeps dust from forming in the furniture as quickly.
- Kill germs on shopping carts, door knobs, toilet handles and the like
- Spray the dog’s bed. He’s a dog and he smells like one!
- Disinfect toys
- Bathroom deodorizer. I live with men. Enough said.
These are just a few of the things I use Thieves spray for, but the uses are practically limitless. Make a bottle to keep at home and one to carry in your purse or diaper bag.
Tell Me What You Think
Have you ever used Thieves spray? What are your favorite ways to use it?